Grand Princess Cruise Review

Grand Princess Cruise Review by 2 gopher cruisers

• Sail Date: Feb 2020
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

My partner wanted to sail under the Golden Gate Bridge one last time so he convinced me it would be great for both of us. I had expected to have sunny days with a little bump here and there but that is not what happened. No sun, cold wind and all kinds of sea bumps. I enjoyed the food in the buffet and the dining room but my partner did not. Our cabin seemed smaller than usual for a balcony cabin but the mattress on the bed was heavenly. Could have spent the entire cruise on that mattress. We did 2 shore excursions with 1 in Kauai which was cooler than I expected and the other one in Hilo which I knew would be cold. However besides being cold it started raining and became very windy. Both of us ended up with a cold. On Maui and Honolulu we shopped since both of us had previously been there. The weather for these two islands was perfect and warm.

When the call came that we were to be confined to our cabins, we just enjoyed our balcony more than ever.

2 gopher cruisers's Full Rating Summary

Balcony

Smaller than usual for a balcony but that old TV sand where the refrigerator was took up too much room; another chair would have been better since we had to eat in our rooms, one of us had to sit on the bed and it was too cold on the balcony. Bathroom was adequate but small. Our Room steward was Ritchie and he was wonderful and kept our bedding changed and gave us plenty of clean towels.

Our room steward was Ritchie and he kept our cabin neat and clean and provided us with extra towels when needed.

As a cruise critic member I participated in the cabin crawl and the slot pull. I had never done either of these and they were a lot of fun. The slot pull we each put in $20.00 and when we were finished our return was $49.00 so I will definitely do that again.

I feel bad for those that did not have ocean view or balcony cabins during the confinement period but I only hope that I will never have to live through that experience again. Princess was great but when the government took over that changed everything, including missing luggage, delays in transportation, no information provided so we could keep our families advised, cold food and when we finally were able to travel back to Minnesota, one of our planes batteries died while trying to take off. We finally arrived home on 3-17-2020 at 3:00 A.M.

2 gopher cruisers