Grand Princess Cruise Review

Surprisingly Poor Service

Grand Princess Cruise Review by kfan9

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera

Christmas sailing for the whole family.

Embarkation was a pain in the behind. Fault lies both with my family and the staff (but primarily the latter). I won't go too much into it, but basically, be sure your whole party is there to check in at the same time!

The ship itself is fairly dated, but it wasn't really a problem for me. There's a fair amount to appreciate about an older ship.

The room was great and the balcony was huge. It was a little short on storage, but that wasn't a big issue. No other complaints here.

The service? A disaster. With the exception of the room attendant (who was fantastic), we were constantly blown away by the poor quality of service. I personally place a lot of weight on this - others may not and therefore may have given a better rating, but for me it's a dealbreaker. We spent the last couple days with cash ready literally trying to find someone who would smile at us. Is it because we're younger? We had no idea. All we know is that, ESPECIALLY compared to the Disney Wonder's service several months prior which was TERRIFIC, the service left a heck of a lot to be desired. Extremely disappointed.

The food was about what you'd expect. Not terrible, not great. I was actually impressed with the amount of variety in the buffet.

Considering this was a Christmas cruise (10 nights starting Dec 18), there should have been more themed things going on. It hardly felt like the holidays on board.

The entertainment was lackluster. I do appreciate the work put in by the staff, but the quality of the events was um... cringeworthy.

This is only my 2nd sailing, and let me tell you, it's a totally different world in terms of quality compared to Disney. I'll be sailing Royal Caribbean and Carnival in the next 12 months, so we'll see if this is the norm or an outlier.

kfan9's Full Rating Summary

Snorkeling

Terrific experience. The staff went way above and beyond. Highly recommended.

View All 31 Snorkeling Reviews