Arcadia Cruise Review

Arcadia Cruise Review by Clipper Chick

• Sail Date: Jan 2020
  • Destination: Around the World
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower

Arcadia is my favourite ship. I have sailed on Cunard QM2 but on that 7 days was too many.

Arcadia may not be perfect the buckets are still about but she has a soul and the friendliest most helpful crew at sea.

Embarkation was a bit slow as there were visas to check and a new online check in system was being trialled. It is the only time my luggage has beat me to the cabin!!! Our cabin steward was Elias and he was with us until Fremantle, then Jofran took over. Both were above excellent.

Our cabin A173 was wonderful. We spent many mornings having coffee on the balcony watching the wake. There is a bit of soot around but I knew that before I booked the cabin. Reception will launder free of charge if required willingly with an apology.

We usually have breakfast and lunch in the Belvedere then dinner in the Meridian. The food is excellent in both. We never needed a pager for the MDR on Freedom Dining and we did not necessarily go the same time every night except for the first night club dining was stopped due to social distancing. Once in 99 nights is no big deal. We always share a table as it is a great way to meet people. We dined twice in Sindhi which is excellent but missed Ocean Grill as we had saved it for the last leg but the specialty restaurants were closed after 23 March due to social distancing measures.

The guest speakers were excellent. Didi Conn (Frenchy in Grease) was very friendly and sociable. Bob Champion, Ben McBean, Wayne Sleep, Terry Brown, Sharron Davies, the wonderful Reza Muhammad and Geoff Peters were my favourites.

The headliners were great and the guest acts excelled. I enjoyed Dean Stansby, Suzy Madin, Fogwell Flax, David Copperfield and Jeff Stevenson, Mark Rueberry, to name a few. I did not like Micky Zany at all and would not watch him again. The very best performance was Entertainments Manager Nick Cosslett singing Music of the Night he earned a standing ovation in the early show. The guest entertainers were outstanding for the last 31 days of the cruise especially as some had only signed on for 5!!!

We had 3 Captains, Ashley Cook, Wesley Dunlop and Luko Vojvoda. All were great. However a very special thanks is owed to Captain Luko who got us home safe and in good health when Covid19 was wreaking havoc across the world. His 08:55 daily messages lifted spirits. As he said we were all in it together.

The itinerary took a bashing but it could not be avoided the last place I wanted to be after the outbreak was Asia and the Australian ports were a bonus.

We had a stretch of 31 days at sea but at least we had plenty of toilet rolls!!!

P&O went over and above in my opinion and we have been richly compensated for the changes of port in future cruise credit and extra OBC.

I booked a cruise titled Arcadia’s Western Circumnavigation and that is what I got just the bit in the middle was slightly amended!!!

Would I go again you bet already booked for 2021 so fingers crossed.

Thank you Arcadia you gave me the holiday of a lifetime and I am missing you already.

Clipper Chick's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower

Perfect location for watching the wake. Spacious and kept immaculate by Elias then Jofran.

Barbados

FourSquare and Mount Gay distilleries great tastings

Curacao

A great little trolley ride to see the sights.

San Francisco

Great place to see but not enough time as tour included Sausalito would go on my own next time.

San Francisco

Great overview @nd crossed the Golden Gate Bridge.

Honolulu

Excellent moving experience just short on time would go independently next time.

Tauranga

Great tastings did not need dinner on the ship.

Clipper Chick