• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Nanatravel
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2020
Cabin: AquaClass 1

This is our 3rd journey on the Reflection. What's not to love? The ship is easy to meander, we never feel lost. Blu as well as the MDR serve great food. The lounges range from wild and crazy to laid back and relaxing. Cafe al Bacio is my favorite mid-day spot for an Irish coffee and a fresh pastry. This time I didn't even use my free coupon for a scoop of Gelato. Not sure why, but there was never a server behind the counter. I did see someone come over from Sushi on 5 to wait on a customer. Pools are wonderful especially the covered Solarium. I also did not get to the Persian Garden this time;I love it in there. Our beds were comfortable. The Martini bar was nice but got pretty loud about 7PM. We preferred the quieter ambiance of the Ensemble bar with a female vocalist or string quartet before dinner. Since we have been to most shows, we skipped it this time and only went once.

AquaClass 1

convenient: close to elevators with wall in between that buffers most sounds. Our steward was attentive but not invasive. He fulfilled every request and clarified any question he may have had. Our balcony was at the end of the Hump and a little larger than many other cabins. I requested 2 buckets of ice, as I need very cold water at all times and he filed that request twice a day.

Port Reviews

Cartagena (Colombia)

I don't know how many ships were docked or moored at Cartagena, but I've never seen a historical port like this so crowded. It was just awful. Turns out we had been in the downtown areas and had seen the walls, cathedrals, parks etc. This day was just too overwhelming.

Aruba

We just went to Eagle Beach by taxi and stayed in front of the Amsterdam Hotel. Again, we have been to all of our ports many times and just wanted to relax on the beach for a while.

On the first evening, we had booked a Sunset Schooner tour, which I ended up cancelling as I wasn't feeling great. Our friends went and said I made the right decision as it was very difficult to get on and off the boat and the water was choppy.

Curacao

I chose to stay on the ship instead of walking across the Pontoon Bridge.

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

Thank goodness we have been here many times before. There were at least six ships at bay all tendering. Why in the world would Celebrity pick this day to stop at Grand Cayman. too much confusion and traffic. Husband went on a errand into town; found what he needed and returned to the ship.

3 Helpful Votes