S.S. Maria Theresa Cruise Review

Amazing first time river cruise

S.S. Maria Theresa Cruise Review by caribou_cruiser

• Sail Date: Mar 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Stateroom with French Balcony

I absolutely loved everything about this uniworld experience!

We stayed at Roomers Munich for 2 days before sailing on the Danube. hotel. It was a wonderful The super ship Maria Theresa was lavishly decorated with lots of gold accents, my favorite, and plenty of beautiful commissioned pieces of art throughout the space. So many interesting features, the mirror in the stateroom transformed into a smart tv, the gorgeous swimming pool room (leopard lounge had a special way of closing the door to offer full privacy (the outdoor windows become shaded or opaque). The service was outstanding throughout the entire 10 days.

I traveled with my 14 year old daughter and she loved it, asked when we were coming back after the 3rd day, lol. The food was superb and beautifully presented. Each day the lunch and dinner reflected a main dish of the region we were ported in. 24 hour room service options were absolutely delicious, believe me I tried! The desserts were out of this world. The staff made everything perfect and were completely charming throughout the entire stay. the rooms were beautiful with breathtaking views of the Danube. Words cant even express the feeling of sitting down with my herbal tea, watching the rolling hills and quaint villages passing by along the river. The bathrooms had heated marble floors and towel racks, my favorite L'occitane bath amenities, blue hued lighting and a wonderfully multi pressured shower. The stateroom itself was quite spacious and the bed was so comfortable we felt like we were on cloud 9.

Evening Entertainment was great and included Waltz lessons, lectures on history of Austria, big band music, a one man performance with 8 different instruments who could sing dance and play all at the same time! ,

I really enjoyed the Do as the locals do option tour in Munich where we visited the large mechanical clock in town square. We also visited a 400 year old cafe that had family recipes of baked and fried pastries that we sampled with hot chocolate. Other wonderful excursions included a musical night performance in Vienna, visit to Mondsee Austria where Julie Andrews got married in the sound of music, bike riding tour in Budapest and a walking tours of Salzberg, Linz, And Bratislava. One recommendation i would make is for the tour leaders to go a bit more slowly. they were vibrant, local and full of great stories, they just needed to go less fast. All in all we had a fantastic experience and cant wait to do a River cruise again with uniworld to Portugal and Egypt.

caribou_cruiser's Full Rating Summary

Stateroom with French Balcony

Beautiful, spacious and comfortable!

Highlights Tour

fun bike ride through the two cities of Buda and Pest.

View All 85 Highlights Tour Reviews