Disney Wonder Cruise Review

Fun but fog ruined the first day

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by Lrgdaman

• Sail Date: Jan 2017
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

Amazing cruise, but kids club is overcrowded and most of the activities aren’t suited for 11 and 12 year olds. I don’t understand why they would do the same activities as the 3 year olds on the ship. The main dining was exquisite! Our food waitress was from Croatia and Sicily and our drink waiter was from India. Every day I would ask the waitress if Creme Brûlée was on the menu because it was my favorite dessert. They only served it one day and on that day, she gave me 10 dishes of it to put in my room! The drink waiter did magic tricks with crayons and drinks. Animators palate was incredible. I loved the Mardi Gras festival they had in Tiana’s Place. Tritons was an amazing French high class restaurant. The free ice cream was a hit with my group, my favorite flavor being lemon-blueberry. The cabin was nothing special but the views were extraordinarily gorgeous. Sadly since we were cruising in January, there was fog which delayed our ship a day, causing us to skip Key West.

Lrgdaman's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

Nothing special but views from the balcony were to die for.

Castaway Cay

Fun and cool experience. Marketing was kind of a gimmick with the whole “huge coral reef to explore” it was mostly small schools of fish and kelp. Other than that the water was gorgeous and the sand was white. Don’t go in January endless you like cold water or are not planning to go to the beach.

Resort Day Pass

Atlantis is a BEAUTIFUL resort and water was a deep navy blue and was crystal clear. The Aquarium was nothing special though. The town is gorgeous but the vendors at the straw market can be a little aggressive. Most are very nice and easy to work with. My only problem was that the bus driver was talking about getting his kids to drink rum and do drugs to help them fall asleep.

View All 60 Resort Day Pass Reviews