AmaMagna Cruise Review

AmaMagna Cruise Review by Anrando

• Sail Date: Dec 2019
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

The AmaMagna is a ship unlike any others due to its size. I took this cruise mainly because I wanted to try this ship. I was very impressed. The experience was far superior to my ride on a Tauck ship on a similar itinerary. The space available on this ship makes for a superior experience. You never feel cramped. The dining room is large enough to allow reasonable spacing between tables. There are three different dining areas and a full size gift shop. The cabins are huge compared to the "normal" sized river boats. The Christmas decorations filled the ship and were really well done and festive.So yes the ship is outstanding, but my rating is not based solely on that.

Compared to my Tauck experience the crew on this ship were far friendlier and more accommodating. Everyone was very personable in a professional sense. The cruise director was outstanding. She was very entertaining, but also helpful and willing to help with my individual issues. The ship transfers were extremely well organized and far different than my previous experience when my luggage was left behind on the Tauck boat. There was even a guide waiting at the airport to make sure we navigated the checkin correctly.

Food on the ship was really good. I cant think of any complaints. Everything was well prepared, and the staff was more than willing to take special orders or provide special condiments on request. The wines were all local, unlike the South American wine served during my Tauck experience. Entertainment on board was good and varied. Laundry was included with my cabin and was processed in less than a day. Really outstanding.

Excursions were limited by the destinations, but each stop had at least three levels of difficulty from hiking in the hills or biking to slow mobility restricted walks. The guides were generally good. That said some ports offered very little to see. Its not the ships fault, the towns are just not that interesting. Since the Christmas markets are closed in the morning, nothing much to do on the morning walkabouts.

My only complaint is that I will probably never ride this ship again. It can only cruise one itinerary due to its size, and as mentioned some ports are pretty boring so I cant see riding again.

All in all I had a wonderful experience, both on the cruise and during the pre-stay in München. I highly recommend this ship and AMA for their attention to detail and hospiality.

Anrando's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom

The cabin is very large with more than adequate storage and closet space. Nice large bathroom with European rain shower as well as hand shower. Well appointed. A very comfortable bed and sofa. I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever.

City Tour

Very fast walk, too hurried.

View All 353 City Tour Reviews

Typical Wien concert, but well done in a good venue.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Old Town Tour

Boring, nothing to see with Christmas market closed

View All 70 Old Town Tour Reviews
Cesky Krumlov

Outstanding guide and walk around this historic town. Wish I had a bit more time.

Next Review