• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

davidh68
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2020
Cabin: Celebrity Suite

Wanted to see the western coast of India and to travel with friends. Had been on this ship once before (Norway) and liked it.

We were in a Celebrity Suite, which is basically just a veranda suite, but has butler service and access to the Luminae restaurant. Cabin steward and butler both very good and helpful, especially when the ship was rerouted and we had to change plans due to COVID. It was made easy for us, but it seemed many people were waiting in long lines at reception to get help with rebooking flights, etc.

The ship needs refurbishment and was supposed to go to dry dock in May, soon after our cruise ended, but that was halted due to COVID.

Celebrity Suite

Cabin was surprisingly small, but more than adequate. Good closet space. Bathroom adequate. Cabins need to be updated!

Port Reviews

Colombo

I think we would have done better to be on our own. We too a bus tour of the city - silly.Did visit a wonderful Buddhist temple.

Interesting port. We hired a professional guide and a driver; the guide was very knowledgeable. Visited old Goa and a Hanuman temple. Ate some (safe) street food. Walked around the old town. Enjoyed Goa, a place I had wanted to see since I was a child.

Mumbai (Bombay)

Great city with a lot to see, not to mention the people. We went out to Elephanta Island on a put-put boat, Interesting ride and the the island is a fabulous archaeological site.

Kochi (Cochin)

Visited the old Synagogue and the Mattancherry palace. Both well-worth seeing. Enjoyed riding in a tut-tut back to the ship.

Dubai

Dubai is big and flashy. We just stayed in the hotel grounds (Hyatt) which were beautiful and with a great pool. I wouldn’t want to return to Dubai for itself.

Muscat

I liked the looks of this city but I feel I didn’t get a proper sense of it (my own fault).I enjoyed walking through the souk. Probably would hire a professional guide and driver if I went there again.

Phuket

Didn’t get there or Singapore because ship turned around and we headed back to Dubai due to COVID activity in Singapore and elsewhere.

Find a Celebrity Constellation Cruise from £714