MSC Bellissima Cruise Review

MSC Bellissima Cruise Review by sorocco

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: the Middle East
  • Cabin Type: Aurea Balcony Stateroom

Beautiful beautiful beautiful, I love this ship.

We spent 18 days on this ship and I don't think we saw everything or tried every bar like we planned. But along the way we met some new friends, amazing staff, had lots of laughs and good times.

I booked Aurea cabin 14279, had a look on youtube and saw the overhang, lucky I was able to change to cabin 14041 the last cabin at the front before the overhang. My fav part of the ship was the Sky Lounge and the Cigar bar.

The only times the ship felt crowded was after the shows and sometimes during disembarkation. But most of the time getting on and off the ship was a breeze. Going down the Suez Canal the deck space became a bit crowded and you realized then you were on a ship with 4500 passengers.

We purchased the 3 specialty restaurants package, Butchers Cut was awesome, French was good, sushi, not so good. We ate in the Lighthouse restaurant and it was absolutely superb, every meal. The staff in the Lighthouse were the best, very friendly and efficient. The buffet was good, with a wide variety of food, but I think it closed at about 9PM and the reopened at about 11PM, this was not good for evening snacking. We also pre-purchased a laundry package and wifi, both excellent value to us.

It would have been good if we had stopped at more ports like Rhodes, Cypress Athens Palestine, but all the ports we stopped at were good.

sorocco's Full Rating Summary

Aurea Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B3 14041

Cabin was Ok, bathroom was small, it had enough storage areas. Only problem was at about 4am every morning we were woken as they dragged the chairs across the floor on the deck above. Didn't bother using Zoe or wristbands.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

We caught the train into Rome, the ticket cost about 9 euro and it took about 90 mins from when we left the ship to getting off train in Rome. If you get a taxi to the port ask to get taken straight to the ship, otherwise they might drop you at the shuttle bus stop with long wait in line.

Crete (Heraklion)

Poor planning on my part because I thought the ship berthed at the other dock closer to town, where we would of got the local bus to Knossos Castle . but we docked somewhere else I was not familiar with so we just walked around, we didnt dock for long.

Aqaba (Petra)

Second time I have docked at Aquaba and not gone to Petra, cant see the value of spending $300-400 to see Petra when other ruins around the world are a fraction of the cost. We got a 5 euro bus trip around Aquaba and visited a nice restaurant close to port and tried the local beer.

Next Review