• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Family

Sail Date: Mar 2021
Cabin:

I am writing to share one of the most enjoyable, relaxing and memorable experiences in years. My wife and I just returned from a week aboard the American Countess, the newest boat of the American Queen Steamboat Company. It was a bit like experiencing a little of William Faulkner or John Grisham along with the finest whiskey while basking in the warm embrace of the history and stories of the great Mississippi River.

The American Countess was simply beautiful, carefully capturing the style and elegance of a stately ocean vessel. My wife and I have traveled and set sail throughout the world on numerous international cruise lines and river boats. The American Queen Steamboat Company exceeded our expectations. Everything was first class, from the first night in New Orleans to our last day on the American Countess in Memphis.

After a difficult and challenging year in the states and across the world, I was ready to get back in the saddle and see the sights, sounds and cultures across our beautiful country. I was concerned about safety protocol and how this new normal to vacationing was going to work. Would I feel safe and know that my safety and well being was a top priority of the American Queen Steamboat Company leadership and management? From our first experience in our lovely hotel in downtown New Orleans and COVID testing, we felt safe and had all our concerns addressed. The attention to detail and our safety was impressive and comforting. This set the stage for an incredible vacation experience.

5 Helpful Votes