• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Crown Princess Review

Editor Rating
2019 reviews
3 Awards

Great Transatlantic Voyage on Crown!!

Review for Crown Princess to Transatlantic
Sweetd
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: May 2010
Cabin: Balcony

* Background Information: I'm a single, 66 yo seasoned, cruiser. 25 cruises in past 5 years. Live in NY. Really enjoy Transatlantic voyages & this was one of best.

* Hotel Info (if any): Stayed couple of nights in Ft. Lauderdale before cruise at Riverside Hotel. What a lovely place. Got it on Priceline.com & it was great.

* Travel To Port of Embarkation: Enjoyed my 2 days in Ft. Lauderdale area before cruise. Always go couple of days early before cruise leaves so there are no issues.

Balcony

Cabin BD

My cabin was great. Good location near forward elevators. Very quiet. Excellent closet space. Would have liked more light in bathroom but not really bad. Balcony door kept opening on its own but cabin steward had great solution. They put duvet on beds & I requested top sheet instead. Cabin steward accommodated this request without having to ask again or remind him.

Port Reviews

Gibraltar

Hit really hard rain when leaving port to walk into town but weather cleared up & was able to take cable car up to top to view area. Also took bus to lighthouse which was worth trip. This is a lovely town & great port to visit. This was my second time here & still enjoyed it.

Barcelona

Barcelona is one of my favorite cities in Europe. I've been here several times & always enjoy visiting. I met a friend who lives here & we walked around (in the rain). Walked the Rambla, went to the market, visited some area I've not seen before. Had a great time here.

Marseille

Was a bit disappointed with shuttle arrangement here. Was only way to get into city since it was a holiday. Service didn't start until 8:15am even though we arrived at 7am. Took the train to Avignon & visited the Palace of the Popes & other sites in the quaint, charming town. Came back to Marseilles & walked around briefly before taking shuttle back to ship. There is a lot of places to visit from this port. Will definitely come back again some time.

Florence (Livorno)

Port is really Livorno, Italy. Got a late start since I was only going to go to Pisa but went with couple from ship to Pisa & Lucca. Had train problems & nearly missed the ship but we made it back with 15 minutes to spare. Got caught not validating tickets (a must!)on train & had to pay 40 euro penalty. Luckily was able to talk agent out of charging all of us. Both of these towns were great. Highly recommended.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

Disembarked in Civitavecchia for train to Rome Termini. No problem except for raining. It is only 15 minute walk to train station from entrance to port. If you have lot of bags the cabs will get you but if you only have 2 bags you can walk it easily.

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from £209