3. Adventure of the Seas
To set the tone of my review I should explain this was our first and last cruise experience. I only wish I would have found a site, such as this, was available prior to booking. My wife and I found out about this site from an airline steward while flying home early from our cruise vacation. Day One -- Boarded ship and was impressed with cleanliness. Took a while for luggage to reach my room. Decided to stroll ship while waiting for clothing. Returned to room about two hours later, no luggage. Would have been nice to shower but we just had to wait. FINALLY clean clothes ... but we better hurry because we are scheduled to eat in 20 minutes! Then it dawns on me ... I'm on vacation and I'm scheduled to eat? Oh well ... get a grip on myself ... after all I asked for this. Well down to the dining room we go sitting with six total strangers. Emphasis strange! Food was worst I ever ate, or should I say didn't eat. Waiter never asked if something was wrong when he returned to offer dessert. Harruhhhh! Ship is departing ... Look at wife and notice she is very uncomfortable. She did take motion sickness medication earlier in the day ... guess it's not working. Bouncing off walls in hallway while returning to room for rest ... we don't have our sea legs yet. Unrestful night in bed because of rolling seas ... and a mattress that was about 3 inches thick. Day Two -- This day was a nightmare. At sea all day and feeling worse physically than night before. Ship still rolling and now realize it's just not us ... many onboard feel same uncomfortable sickness from constant rolling of ship. After suffering all day long my wife and I decided that when we reach Aruba the following morning we would disembark the ship, thus ending our cruise. That evening I went to speak with Guest Relations. I explained our situation and asked if they could do one of two things. Either arrange for hotel stay on Aruba or flight back home from Aruba. Bottom line they explained we had to arrange this ourselves. Although I will admit they did offer the use of their phone for a fee. Just great ... and call who, INFORMATION? They requested we surrender our passports that evening for immigration purposes. What I found most distressing was not once did he ask if we would like to be seen by the medical staff. Matter of fact this person at guest relations didn't appear to be much older that 18 or 19 years old and had a very indifferent attitude. Prior to leaving guest relations they made sure I paid anything I owed while on my short stay, which I did in cash. Well I called my credit card company and they also billed my account. So, I was smart enough to save my cash recp't. ONCE OFF SHIP THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE OF ARUBA TOOK GREAT CARE OF US! I should also state that the cruise was packed with people from San Juan ... to help fill the rooms at a discounted price from what I heard. I found that group impolite and rude. I guess if you want a discounted cruise it would be better booked from San Juan for you bargain hunters. I should also point out the the level of entertainment was high school level. Wait, I've seen better entertainment at our local high school.

Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by First-Time/Last-Time

ONCE OFF SHIP THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE OF ARUBA TOOK GREAT CARE OF US!
First-Time/Last-Time’s Full Rating Summary