• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

hotelnerd
2-5 Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Jan 2012
Cabin:

Our second Regent cruise - both on the navigator in the same suite. This time was as outstanding an experience as the first was a few months ago. I've worked all my life in luxury hotels, mostly in the US. I still work in a nearby Hilton because I enjoy the hospitality business so much.

Navigator provides service and quality in both food and beverage service and in cabin housekeeping that exceeds that available in any of the 19 land based hotels I'm helped run. The ship does things that astound me. I can no longer drink alcohol. After the second night underway, the waiters began to silently remove the wine glasses from my place at the table without being asked. It's open seating so there was no reservation with my name or cabin number on it so that they'd know. They must have passed the word that the old guy with the short hair couldn't drink. It happened in all three restaurants. I still can't believe it.

During the 30 meals we ate on board I saw only one serving error anywhere within my sight range. One waiter reversed the appetizers for the two ladies at a nearby table. No other mistakes. That's overwhelming.

We love the heavy drapery that separates the sitting area from the bed area. It's a light and almost sound proof barrier so one of us could watch television while the other got to bed early. It's the next best thing to a two room suite.

Find a Seven Seas Navigator Cruise from £2,758