(5:25 p.m. EDT) -- Itching for a European getaway? Carnival Cruise Line has revealed a slew of new itineraries that include destinations such as Norway, Scotland, Ireland, Croatia, Portugal, Greece, Greenland and Iceland for summer and fall 2020.
The cruises onboard Carnival Legend will depart in June and early July; a repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Tampa departing on October 30 also will be offered. Carnival's itineraries announcement comes just weeks after it revealed it would return to Europe in 2020, with a series of Mediterranean cruises on Carnival Radiance (currently sailing as Carnival Victory).
"We've put together an unmatched program of European cruises, featuring off-the-beaten path destinations as well as some of the most popular seaside port cities," said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. "There's no better way to choose fun in Europe."
Carnival Legend's Europe cruises will be offered through the line's Carnival Adventures program, which the line touts as having more destination-immersive shore excursions.
Below is a breakdown of the newly released itineraries:
- A 16-night Northern trans-Atlantic crossing from New York to London from June 3 - 19, with day-long visits to Qaqortoq, Greenland; Reykjavik, Iceland; Lerwick, Shetland Islands; Belfast, Northern Ireland; and Cork, Ireland.
- A nine-night Norwegian Fjords cruise roundtrip from London, June 19 - 28, visiting the following Norwegian ports: Bergen, Olden, Molde, Trondheim, Alesund, and Stavanger, as well as the Norwegian fjords.
- A nine-night Western Europe cruise from June 28 - July 7, from London to Barcelona, visiting Paris, France; La Coruna and Malaga, Spain; Porto and Lisbon, Portugal; and Gibraltar.
- Nine- to 12-night Mediterranean cruises between Venice and Barcelona, including stops in Marseilles, France; Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Rome (Civitavecchia) and Naples, Italy; Kotor, Montenegro; Corfu, Greece; Valletta, Malta; and Dubrovnik and Rijeka, Croatia.
- A 16-night trans-Atlantic crossing from Barcelona to Tampa Oct. 30 - Nov. 15, with calls at Malaga, Spain; Funchal (Madeira), Portugal; Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Canary Islands; Antigua; San Juan; and Amber Cove (Dominican Republic).