(3:20 p.m. BST) -- P&O Cruises Aurora cruise ship left dry dock in Brest, France, on April 8, following a 16-day refit that has seen the ship redesigned as an adults-only vessel.
The refit saw 28 brand-new cabins added to Deck 8 of the 19-year-old ship. Other areas, including public spaces, restaurants, bars and the ship's spahave also been refurbished.
The 1,910-passenger Aurora joins Arcadia and Oriana as the line's third child-free ship, though the latter will leave the fleet in August 2019.
Other updates include:
- New furniture, carpet, curtains, soft furnishings and bathroom fittings in all suites, including the two-floor penthouse suites.
- A new look at The Oasis Spa, with refurbished treatment rooms, thermal suite and steam room.
- The Glass House has been remodelled with new decor, tables, artwork and soft furnishings.
- New carpets, soft furnishings and furniture in Anderson’s, Carmen’s, Charlie’s, Masquerade and Raffles venues.
- New poolside furniture and tiling at the Riviera and Crystal pools
- New carpets in the atrium and main dining room
- New mattresses for all cabins will be added over the next six months.
Based in Southampton, Aurora is offering a mix of year-round European sailings of varying lengths, with destinations including the Canary Islands, Western Mediterranean, Baltic Sea and Norwegian Fjords.