(4:45 p.m. BST) -- Royal Caribbean has exclusively revealed two restaurant menus on Independence of the Seas -- for new seafood restaurant Fish & Ships and Japanese Hibachi restaurant Izumi.
Fish & Ships, which is brand-new to the fleet, will feature -- no surprises here -- traditional cod & chips (with mushy peas), as well as calamari and lobster rolls. The restaurant will be right next door to another new area -- kids water park Splashaway Bay.
Izumi, which is new to Independence but not Royal Caribbean, will become the largest Teppanyaki dining experience in the fleet. The for-fee restaurant includes edamame soy beans, a beef and tiger shrimp combo with sweet chilli, teriyaki and ginger onion dipping sauces and yaki udon noodles. (For the full menu, see below.)
Independence of the Seas returns to the UK this weekend after a massive refurbishment, which has seen the introduction of a number of other new features, including virtual reality trampolines, an escape room, laser tag and a number of venues that have already appeared on Symphony of the Seas.
Independence of the Seas will start its full summer schedule of cruises to Norway, Northern Europe and the Mediterranean from Tuesday, May 15.
--By Adam Coulter, Managing Editor, UK
Full Fish & Ships menu
- Fish and Chips (Cod served with mushy peas)
- Fried Shrimp (Served with chips)
- Fried Calamari (Served with chips)
- Lobster Roll (Served with chips)
- Battered Sausage (Served with chips)
- Hand Cut Chips
- Bread and Butter
- Deep Fried Candy Bar
Full Izumi Teppanyaki menu
- Edamame soy beans
- Green mix with ginger dressing
- Vegetable fried rice or brown rice
TEPPAN PREMIER COMBO
- Samurai (Beef and Tiger Shrimp)
- Origami (Chicken Breast and Tiger Shrimp)
- Geisha (NY Steak and Chicken Breast)
- Izumi (Sea Scallops and Lobster)
Dipping Sauces: Sweet Chili, Teriyaki, Ginger Onion
- Yaki udon (Chicken, Beef or Tofu)
- Tori (Chicken Breast)
- Gyu (Beef Tenderloin)
- Assorted mochi ice cream