Viking Helgi Cruise Review

Excellent tours, food, on board lectures and activities.

Viking Helgi Cruise Review by shirleneleongnakano

• Sail Date: May 2017
  • Destination: Russia River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

We sailed on the Helgi from St. Peterburg to Moscow in the late Spring. I initially wanted just to visit the Hermitage in St. Petersburg, but was happy that the rest of the trip was completely delightful. The river cruise was relaxing and filled with unexpected stops in small and charming towns along the waterway to Moscow. I especially enjoyed the Banya experience.

The Moscow portion of the trip was revelatory. Moscow was not the drab, dreary city that I had imagined. It was beautiful, clean, and filled with history.

I was completely amazed by the number of Russian Orthodox churches that we visited from small chapels to large domed cathedrals. I was so pleased that many of the churches are active places of worship available to the people.

As for the cruise itself, I enjoyed the itimacy of the river boat which was expertly managed by the chef, the hotel manager, the concierge and the staff. A good time was by my husband and me!

shirleneleongnakano's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin AX 309

Our cabin staff was always thorough and efficient in the cleaning of our stateroom. She is to be commended!

shirleneleongnakano