Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review
1,986 Reviews

My first cruise. Not what I had imagined.

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by lorishere

• Sail Date: Jan 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom

We decided to do this cruise with another couple that had sailed with RC on other occasions. This was my first cruise and I was beyond excited!

We left from Miami on a Tuesday. First night out the seas were rough and I almost stepped into a pile of vomit in the ladies room. Second day, our visit to CocoCay was cancelled due to foul weather. The winds were so bad that we couldn't even sit out on deck that day. There were a lot of bored people just sitting in the lounge, staring out into space. That night was the "formal" dinner. We had brought the appropriate clothing (dresses, heels, jackets, dress pants) but the majority of the people came in wearing jeans, Crocs, t-shirts, etc). Why bother to have a formal night if you're not going to enforce the dress code? I would have preferred to leave my dress at home in exchange for warmer clothes!

Next day was Nassau. We had a day pass to a local resort hotel (Colonial Hilton - very nice). Weather was partly cloudy and windy; my friend was wearing a down jacket over her bikini. We made the best of it, had a nice lunch and some cocktails.

The weather can't be controlled, and would have enjoyed this trip much more had Mother Nature cooperated.

Here are few of our observations:

- The ship is older, but with the exception of a few things, it was well maintained.

- The food was mediocre, nothing special. It was on par with Applebee's or Chili's. I ordered a fish/scallop/shrimp dish one night and it looked like a kids meal. Tasted like Mrs. Paul's had cooked it.

- I had noted on our profile that it was my husband's birthday. They forgot to bring a cake but did it on the next night instead. At that point they came over and sang to ME!!

- There were kids in the nightclub and after their curfew.

- The hot tub was constantly occupied by children; it would have been nice to have one just for adults.

- Bartenders in the lounge in the main reception area were snooty and unfriendly. I felt like I was bothering them when I asked for a drink.

- On the day we docked, we were herded out like cattle. It was obvious they wanted us off that boat ASAP.

- We were charged $50 for deck towels that we had returned. My husband had to get in line on the day of our departure to get this resolved. Needless to say, there were many other people in line with the same issue.

We did pay the extra for the drink package and that was well worth the money. The servers were right on top of refilling the cocktails, that's for sure! (Good way to bulk up the gratuity.)

Our friends that went with us were even more disappointed than I was. Would I go on another cruise? Yes, but I would choose another cruise line.

lorishere's Full Rating Summary

Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom

We had a cabin with a balcony. It was very nice, clean. Not a lot of outlets, but it's an older ship so that was not a surprise.

lorishere