3. Emerald Princess
My friend invited me to travel with her family group to celebrate our birthdays. The Family choose the cruise line, so I was not involved in the decision of a cruise line or ship. Their travel agent only cruises on Princess. This was my second cruise to the Inner Passage. First was on Celebrity (fabulous!). I was falsely under the impression that Princess is the top of the line in cruising. I was very disappointed by a number of things. Our balcony cabin was kept exceptionally clean by our friendly steward, Edward, but the bathroom shower was unusually small. Our DINING experience was a problem. There were 11 of us and the dining room could not accommodate us at one table (the travel agent managed to get her own group at one large table)and we were separated into two tables in different parts of the dining room. Very disappointing for the grandmas who wanted to spend time with family members. The food was FAIR and generally FLAVORLess (especially the seafood). Our head waiter was very pleasant but extremely harried. Service was rushed and not very personal. Not the attentive, luxury I was expecting. A night at Chili’s not Ruth Chris! ENTERTAINMENT Fair. Two shows had repeat songs from different entertainers and both were somewhat hokey. More geared to an older crowd and I’m 59! I think the CRUISE DIRECTOR was terrible and very annoying. She needs to be replaced with someone with more energy. Ship was very CROWDED and not relaxing. CREW did their job but I encountered several that were rude (especially the bartenders). Captain was alone with the grannys waiting for elevator and didn’t acknowledge them in anyway. Not a hello! The last night of the cruise I felt that they were done with us and they were on to the next group. I’m planning a cruise to Panama Canal with my husband and will probably not book with Princess.

Fabulous Scenery, Emerald Princess is BLAH

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by GSPINTO

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

GSPINTO’s Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BA A436.
Edward was wonderful very cheery and attentive. Beds very comfy. Balcony was lovely. Shower is way too small and I’m an average size person. Anyone very large would have a difficult time showering. I liked layout of closet and beds. Needs a hairdryer manufacturered in this century!
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins