3. Celebrity Silhouette
Before the cruise, I had read a number of reviews here and elsewhere. Seemed that most people enjoy their experience and I say that I did enjoy the cruise when the following wasn't brought into the picture: 1. Food Quality - not what I was expecting at all - the food was not bad, but at the same time not great. Some examples: Turkey used in the club sandwich is pressed and processed so was the turkey used in the main dining room. Soups were ladened with salt as was most items served in the main dining room. Shrimp cocktail was served a couple of times on nasty old lettuce (see photo). 2. Waiting for dinner is similar to walking through Time Square - if you enjoy being accosted by hawkers you will love Celebrity and the way they push you to go to a specialty restaurant - Non-stop!! As a side note - the main dining room often seemed like a chaotic mess - service standards at lunch and around 8:30 pm was mediocre at best with the staff seemly perplexed that they had people to serve. 3. Begging for 10's on your survey makes me less interested in giving you a 10! I understand staff and company alike need feedback to improve, but begging for higher scores is hardly the way to go about it. That said our dining and room staff did fantastic work! 4. Guest Relations - this staff group could use a basic course in customer service. They lacked any care for their guests, which I would assume is their primary function. Even basic requests seemed too difficult to handle and too complicated for them to take the time to resolve. I have been on lesser lines that seemed to do a better job with the overall experience. Granted I did enjoy the stateroom and the ports of call - I just hope that Celebrity will stop the hard sell of extras and future cruises and the constant begging for good survey scores.

Nice, not great, not fantastic...

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by epauldc

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class

epauldc’s Full Rating Summary

Concierge Class
Cabin C1 1130
The cabin is comfortable and well cared for. Lack of outlets around the bed makes recharging of modern equipment difficult. Compact fluorescents are still in use and unlike LED's un-dimmable. There are no reading lamps/lights near the sofa.

The room is perfectly located near the main bank of elevators midship. Noise was never an issue and the proximity to the stairs and elevators made the room very convenient.

Afternoon canapes were a total waste - mostly unrefrigerated seafood that seemed risky to eat after being served at room temp.

Softgood in the room - towels, sofa, and curtains were worn and could use replacement or deep cleaning.
Resort Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins