Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review

Love this ship!

Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review by crzfanatic

• Sail Date: Nov 2019
  • Destination: Asia

After sailing on Mariner of the Seas and Voyager of the seas I had sort of sworn off large ships. Just too big, too many passengers, etc. When this cruise on Quantum of the Seas came up, I was intrigued though and so, after convincing 3 other friends, we signed up.

We all had single cabins and to start with. 2 had interior cabins and 2 had balconies, all near each other. I had an interior but as the cruise drew near I saw a balcony cabin open up so I called my TA and snagged it for the same price as my interior! It also had a huge balcony, over 100 sq ft.

We arrived at the cruise terminal in Singapore about noon. There were zillions of people around as both Quantum and Voyager were sailing the same day. I was not sure how long it would take to get on the ship. Luckily, after security, 20 minutes, the check in was painless and we were on the ship in another 10 minutes. Fabulous!

The cabins were ready since this was the first cruise out of dry dock.

I was pleased with my cabin and blown away by the huge balcony, almost as large as the cabin.

We headed up to the buffet for lunch and as usual it was mobbed. Not a table anywhere. I decided to check out the solarium cafe. It was almost empty and although it had a smaller selection, it was fine.

The following are my observations of the ship.

The studio balcony cabin was fine but I did miss having a place to sit besides the bed. I could sit on the balcony though. The bathroom was lovely and big enough. There was plenty of storage for one person.

We ate in the Silk dining room every night since it was easier to coordinate. The first night it took an hour to get our drinks and first course. After complaining, the service was excellent the rest of the cruise.

The food was hit and miss but generally good.

I ate breakfast in the Solarium cafe every morning and never once ate in the buffet, it was always wildly crowded.

We had pizza in the promenade area once and a nice lunch in Two70 one day.

I thought the bands and singers around the ship to be quite good as were the venues. Two70 was amazing and a great place to hang out day and night. The show in Two70 was hard to get tickets to and though impressive on many levels, it lacked a common theme and continuity. Worth seeing though. I only saw a few minutes of a juggler in the main theatre and it was dreadful.

In general

I loved this ship! It’s gorgeous and has lots to do. I spent most of my days in the Solarium which was so beautiful and calm with no children. Lovely padded loungers and air conditioning! It was delightful.

I never even saw the bumper cars or the sky diving. We did go up in the North Star while in Phuket and that was worth it.

I am booked on this ship for a 9 night cruise next year and looking forward to having more time on this incredible ship!

crzfanatic's Full Rating Summary