Disney Wonder Cruise Review

Disney Wonder - Eastern Caribbean

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by shadeh2

• Sail Date: Jun 2005
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean

Absolutely beautiful ship!! I traveled with a party of seven; myself, 2 adult friends, three 15-year olds and an 18 year old. I had always read that the Disney cruises were family oriented, so I expected to be bombarded with younger children the whole cruise (much like going to Disney World), but was extremely surprised at how little you see other kids, as they are always off at the kid's places. Also, I was worried that the teenagers wouldn't have much to do, but my girls (15 year old twins) would check in with me during the day & be gone most of the evening at Aloft, the teen hangout. They made many new friends & expressed that they were sorry the cruise wasn't longer.

I can't say enough about our accommodations. I was in a deluxe oceanview stateroom on Deck 2, which was more than enough room for myself and the 2 teenagers. My friends & their kids had a one bedroom suite on Deck 8. If you can afford the extra cost, the one bedroom suite is THE way to go. Beautiful room & more than ample space. We all stood on the verandah for embarkation and had room to spare. Also, the suites allow for concierge service, which was a nice luxury.

We enjoyed the rotational dining, although I was not so impressed with the desserts. All the other places to eat (Beach Blanket Buffet etc.) were done well with a good selection of food. The room service was quick & the servers were polite. We especially liked the free drinks on Deck 9. (sodas & coffee).

We did one shore excursion in Nassau to Atlantis, but found it was more money than I would have liked to spend. I wasn't impressed with Nassau, although Atlantis is a wonderful resort. Castaway Cay is great. The kids headed for the teen beach while we adults headed for Serenity Bay & our cabana massages. The adult beach is the way to go for utter relaxation. The massages were to die for. We met the kids back at the family beach for lunch, and then headed back to the ship to the spa.

Make the spa a place to go!!! Well worth the money.

Can't say enough about this Cruise Line. We are already looking to make reservations for next year. The friend I went with had cruised with Carnival previously and said she'd never go back to anything but Disney.

shadeh2's Full Rating Summary