3. Adventure of the Seas
Cruised with my wife and another couple choosing this cruise because of the 8 nights and ports of call. We are all Diamond members and have cruised exclusively on RCCL. Flew into Ft. Lauderdale the day before and enjoyed our stay at the Embassy Suites. Took a Taxi to the cruise port arriving at 10:45 am and was on the ship by 11:30 am eating lunch. Embarkation was smooth and all the RCCL workers were friendly and helpful. One change is that you do not get your sea pass card until you get to your room at 1 pm. One complaint is the muster drill. I know it is mandatory but our station was directly facing the sun and we were packed in like sardines for 20 minutes in 85 degree heat sweating profusely. Some people could not take it and walked inside to get some air, made me half sick to my stomach. We had a inside cabin on the 7th floor with a window facing the promenade and our room attendant Joel was excellent, keeping our room clean, stocked with ice and answering any questions we had. We ate in the MDR 6 nights and found the food very good. Some nights better than others but overall the selection was diverse. We ate in Chops and had a excellent meal and in Giovannis Table and found the food and service just OK. The Windjammer was very good for Breakfast and Lunch, especially enjoyed the fresh fruit everyday. Enjoyed the Ice Show and comedians and the RCCL singers and dancers were above average compared to some shows I have seen on other ships. One complaint is the Cruise Director was as plastic as you could get. Compared to some of the excellent Cruise Directors we have sailed with in the past he was below average. The Love and Marriage Game could have been better but he was just going through the motions. All 4 felt this way about him whenever he emceed an event. We have a motto that sometimes things are not going to be perfect so we go with the flow and don't let the small things bother you and ruin your vacation. The RCCL employees try hard to please everyone and keep the ship clean as possible in the time they have. I am an early riser and found employees cleaning at 6 am with a smile on there face and a Good Morning when I went for coffee. The pool area on Cruise Days were packed but we were able to find a place in the shade and if we wanted sun we sat on the edge of the pool enjoying the music and atmosphere. Because of the time of the year there were very few children on board. Labadee is a fun day, just a beautiful place to relax. Did not do excursions because we had been to the ports of call San Juan, St. Kitts and St Martin several times but still enjoy shopping at St. Martin and St. Kitts. The Diamond Club is a nice perk but with over 630 members on board RCCL needs to find an alternative to how people were served. The concierge was rude and not helpful and did not make RCCL any friends when asked about the situation. Especially when the serving area is packed in a room that seats an estimated 40 to 50 people. We are planning on cruising again on RCCL with an Hawaii Cruise on the Ovation of the Seas in the fall of 2019.

Fun, Good Food and Relaxation served up by RCCL.

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by osujohn

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Promenade View Interior

osujohn’s Full Rating Summary

Promenade View Interior
Cabin 1T 7603
Nice cabin which was kept very clean by Joel our room attendant.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins